5 types of blogs we’re thankful for
Businesses should really take a moment and be thankful for all the blogs out there. With over 70 million blog posts being published each month, research shows the average company that blogs generates 55% more website visitors, 97% more inbound links, and 434% more indexed pages.
Blogs are a great way to connect with your audience, build rapport, and become a thought leader in your niche. You can create blogs and showcase them on a simple platform that’s free to set up and easy to manage. That being said, not all blogs are created equally. Depending on what your goal is, some blogging methods work better than others. Let’s first break down the reasons why you should publish different types of blog posts and then we’ll reveal the top five blog types we’re thankful for.
Why should you publish different types of blog posts?
It is easy to get stuck creating only one or two types of blog posts because that is what you are comfortable with. But remember – variety is the spice of life! Publishing unique blog content that people are not used to seeing can increase your brand’s visibility. Here are a few key reasons why you should publish different types of blog posts to your audience.
Establish yourself as a thought leader. To be seen as an expert in your field, you will need to publish diverse content and show people what you know. Publishing different types of blog posts positions you as a leader who knows the latest industry news and can even teach the content to others. As more and more people talk about you, you can expect to see an increase in traffic to your website and more leads coming down the pipeline. You may also see more opportunities for you to showcase your knowledge in public forums.
Attract your target audience. In order to attract your target audience, you need to make sure you are creating a blog that is credible, interesting, and consistent. You can increase attraction to your target audience by checking out the blog types on your competitor’s websites. Check out what content seems to be trending and read the comment section of their blogs to find out how the audience feels about the information. Take note of which blog posts are getting the most attention on your competitor’s website and how you can take this information into consideration when publishing your own blog posts.
Blogs can be a great way to connect with your audience and give them great information and content. However, we sometimes want to write about what we know or talk about the same topics over and over again. We may not even realize that we’re doing this, but by writing the same type of blog content day after day, you’re leaving a lot of potential on the table. You’re also doing yourself a disservice because it is different types of blog posts that make you stand out, not more of the same. Keep your audience interested in your content by switching things up.
Blog types to be thankful for
- “How-To” Blog Posts. This is a great trick to use if you don’t have a lot of money to spend on ads or marketing. If you create helpful and informative content, people will visit your site and be so grateful for the information that they will support your business. You can branch out with this type of blog by choosing a topic that is very popular in your industry. Think about all of the Google searches that are performed every year on certain topics. For example, there is a high chance that people who live in areas where it snows often want to learn how to remove snow from their roofs safely. As an expert in this field, you could write a blog post about how to do this and be recognized as someone who provides great advice. Providing step-by-step guidance to your audience will help others see you as business that provides valuable, free content without expecting anything in return. Your audience will feel impressed with your knowledge and grateful that your directions allowed them to improve an area in their personal life or business. This can uplevel your trust factor and attract a delighted audience that keeps coming back for more.
- Listicle Blog Posts. What is a ‘listicle?’ Simple – it’s a list! A list blog is a form of blogging that gets readers interested very quickly. It’s easy to read and it’s fun. List blogs are simple, easy to digest and allow the reader to skim the information presented. Listicles are popular because they are easy to read and usually offer valuable and entertaining content for your audience. Additionally, we all want to know how we can learn more about something we’re interested in, and lists can do just that. Lists help us get a general overview of a particular topic by providing some important facts and resources related to this subject.
- Infographic Blog Posts. There are lots of ways to encourage sharing on social media, but one of the most effective is through infographics. The best blogs use infographics not only as a way to display information in an interesting way but also as a jumping-off point for content pieces. A good infographic can help you capture your audience’s attention, but it usually takes more than an image to keep them engaged. Infographics are great tools for getting your blog noticed (and linked to). It’s rare that the top search results on any given topic are written content; if you want your work seen by Google-dwellers, infographics are a must. An infographic keeps your content fresh and interesting when paired with other forms of content. It’s always good practice to vary the types of content you publish so that your current audience will stay engaged and you will attract more people to your target population.
- Interview with an industry expert. Sometimes, it helps to blog about something other than yourself. One good option is interviewing an expert in the field about their expertise and experience. This will give your readers more insight into your interviewee’s journey, offer advice for readers who are curious about other experiences, and give you the opportunity to build relationships with other experts in your field. It also can help you attract other audiences who might come across your brand after hearing about your exclusive interview.
- Case study blog post. You may not realize it, but blog posts that include a case study can actually do a lot to sell your company. With a little creativity and some hard work, you can build a blog that attracts new customers through case studies. Here are several reasons why your business should start creating case studies:
- Case studies show real people using your product. Customers connect with other customers, so seeing real people using your product is a great way to get them interested in what you have to offer.
- Personalized content can be an effective strategy. Customizing content for a specific audience can help potential customers see themselves using your product or service. This tactic is just as effective if you represent a national brand or product, so don’t be afraid to use it even if you have customers all across the country.
Customer education is important. When you create a case study for one of your customers, it gives them an opportunity to learn about the benefits of using your products or services without having to ask you for help. You can also highlight any other resources or benefits they can receive from your business, such as discounts on future purchases or extra tips and tricks for using your product or service.
These might be the five types of blogs that we’re thankful for, but there are more out there if you’re still looking for the right blog type to add to your repertoire. Haven’t started to blog yet? It’s time to get to it! The five types of blogs we are thankful for can help you increase interest and engagement in your business or organization. It is a great way to connect casually with your audience and get their feedback. Blogs are a great way to show off what you know, what you can do, and just give your general opinion of what is going on in your industry. This can lead to more organic traffic and more leads. It’s a win-win! If you need help developing a content strategy for your blogs, drop us a line. We can help you get started and before you know it, you’ll be a blogging expert, no matter what blog type you choose. 🍑