Want to increase your brand awareness? Use these 7 critical strategies
Ever thought about increasing your brand awareness? If you haven’t (yet), you should. It’s a process all businesses and organizations need to go through in order to grow and thrive. With so many options out there, it’s hard to know which one is right for your company and will help you achieve your goals. Let’s take a look at some of the different ways you can increase your brand awareness – and then you can decide what might work best for you.
What is brand awareness?
Before we dive into the seven critical strategies that will help increase your brand awareness, we want to make sure we clearly define what that means. Brand Awareness is the ability to recognize and distinguish a brand from others, and it can be the key to any company’s success. When you create awareness, you are giving your target market a reason to remember your brand. A strong brand will build customer loyalty among your target market.
So why should you think about raising your brand’s awareness? Simple – because your brand will always be new to someone. It is important to remember that not everyone will know who you are right away and it may take some time for them to recognize your company as one worth their attention. It’s up to you to give them a reason to recognize your brand over others.
How can you increase brand awareness?
Increasing your brand awareness may seem like some sort of mystical puzzle, but it doesn’t have to be complicated. Think about how you’d like to reach your audience, what you want to say to them, and then you’ll start to find your path to brand awareness. And if you still need some ideas to get started, check out these seven critical marketing strategies and tactics that can help increase your brand awareness.
1. Publish blogs on your website. Don’t underestimate the power of a well-written blog! Blogging can provide consumers with information about a company’s products and services that they might not find elsewhere. In addition, blogging can help businesses establish themselves as experts in their field. This type of promotion creates what’s known as “earned media” — media exposure that comes from an unbiased source rather than a paid advertisement. More and more consumers are turning to the internet for information about products and services, and blogs can help build that trust amongst your audience. Blogging can also boost your SEO, making it easier for people to find you in their online search results.
It can be challenging to come up with unique blog posts each week. If you’re looking for ideas, try the following:
- Write about your customers
- Write about your experiences in business
- Write about the industry you work in
- Write about issues in your community or state
- Interview someone in your field of expertise
- Look at other blogs in your industry and see what they are writing about
At the end of the day, it’s important that readers are interested in what you have to say, regardless of how often you post new content on your blog. When readers feel like they’re reading something that is helpful, entertaining, or amusing, they are more likely to click on links within your blog posts and head back to your website to find out more about your brand (e.g. make a purchase or sign up for your nonprofit events).
2. Engage in paid digital advertising. Paid digital advertising is a great way for small businesses and organizations to reach a large audience with their brand. Paid ads allow you to target your ideal customer and increase brand awareness on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Not only can paid digital advertising help grow your business or organization, but it can also be an essential part of any marketing strategy moving forward.
If you’re deciding if paid digital advertising is right for you, think about these additional benefits.
- Build better relationships with your audience! Digital channels are a great way to build a stronger relationship with your customers. The key to an effective marketing strategy is targeting the right people. You can talk to your audience and answer questions. Over time, they’ll start to trust your business more.
- Paid Advertising is both affordable and measurable. When you invest money into it you will be able to track the results and figure out what is working and what needs to be adjusted. By measuring your results, you will be able to run better marketing campaigns for your business or nonprofit agency.
3. Establish a unique voice. Establishing a unique voice for your brand is necessary to increase your overall brand awareness. Make it different. Don’t just create something that people haven’t seen before; make sure they can tell it’s different right away. It’s hard to stand out in a crowded marketplace these days, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be done. What do you want your company or nonprofit agency to be known for? Your brand needs to have a unique voice and personality if you want people to remember you. Here are some suggestions for establishing your own tone of voice:
- Be conversational – Know your audience and what they’re looking for. Avoid being too formal or serious all the time, take some risks!
- Avoid using other people’s quotes in your business communications. Instead, establish your own viewpoint on what’s happening in the world and then speak on it in your own, authentic voice.
- Take the time to get to know your audience. Find out their interests even if they differ from your own. Discover how your audience normally communicates, and within your content, you can then speak to them on their level. If done correctly, this will show your audience that you understand them, and it has the potential to increase engagement, trust, and sales for your nonprofit agency or company.
5. Activate social media marketing. Establishing a social media presence is necessary if you wish to achieve greater brand awareness. In today’s digital landscape, there are plenty of ways to get your brand in front of customers. However, social media marketing allows you to be present where people already spend much of their time—on social networks. By participating in these networks, you have the opportunity to expand your reach while also engaging customers in a two-way dialogue. Here are some ways you can use social media marketing to help generate brand awareness:
- Use a business or brand page on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, or another social network site.
- Create an engaging profile that provides information about your company and its products or services while also providing value for customers by offering them education and quick wins.
- Make content that encourages people to engage. Examples are contests, polls, videos, and surveys.
6. Focus on customer interaction and feedback. The first tip is to make sure that every customer interaction counts. Get feedback from customers. Ask your existing customers what they think of the services that you provide and then use that information to identify areas that need improvement or that could be better promoted in order to build brand awareness. By listening to your customers and audience, you are making them feel heard and valued. This will make them want to come back to you to engage with your brand.
Communication is key when it comes to interacting with your customers. If you provide great customer service, then all of that information should be communicated to the management team to help improve other areas of the business. This will then help you to deliver better products and services to make sure your customer’s needs are met. This will also increase the likelihood that they will have great things to say about your brand as well. Word of mouth is everything in the business world!
Next, be honest with your customers. If you make a mistake, apologize and then fix it as quickly as possible. If there was an error on an order, for example, take care of it immediately and then call the customer with an apology and a solution. These kinds of actions let customers know that they can trust you and that you really care about resolving any problems that might arise. Honesty is not only the best policy, it can also help your company gain more credibility in the marketplace. When you have the trust of your customers, they are more likely to become repeat buyers.
Finally, take the time to get to know your customers. This will enable you to customize the products and services that you offer to meet their needs. You will have a much better understanding of what motivates them and how you can start building relationships with them.
7. Create shareable infographics. Infographics are a fun and easy way to raise your brand awareness. They’re also a great way to get your followers to engage with you on social media, as well as to drive traffic to your website. Before creating an infographic for your brand, make sure it is something that complements your company image and has a specific goal in mind. Here are some tips for creating shareable infographics:
- Make it visual. Infographics are meant to be seen and read. So keep the design simple and don’t overcrowd the chart or graph. Use charts and graphs that actually mean something and will help engage people who view them.”
- Make it interactive. Let people interact with your infographic by asking questions or sharing what they think via social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Invest in research and content creation. It’s no use spending time and effort on an infographic you haven’t researched or don’t believe in. If you can’t create an information graphic about a topic you know about, then maybe you shouldn’t be making it at all!
8. Improve your SEO. Don’t forget about your SEO! SEO can be very helpful for brand awareness because it will help make sure you are being found. SEO is like a game of chess. It’s not just about putting up good content and hoping that people will find it; if you want to come out on top, then strategy matters too! You need an edge in order for your company, products, or blog posts to stand out. Taking steps to improve your SEO can help you rank better in online results. When someone uses keywords related to your business, you’re more likely to pop up.
Improve your SEO by ensuring you have a good content strategy in place. Create unique and engaging titles for each of the posts on your site as well as tags that will help users find what they’re looking for more easily. Make sure all links from other sites open up in new tabs so readers can stay with their preferred outlet while reading yours without being redirected every five seconds!
Increasing your brand awareness is easier than you think! All you need is a good idea, defined goals, and the motivation to get it done. We’ve helped people use these same seven critical strategies, and we can do the same for you. Want us on your team? Contact Creative Juice today.🍑